The position of Dispatch/Scheduler with MedRide, LLC serves as the point of contact of all drivers with MedRide. This position entails coordinating trip reservations for drivers. This position Providing extensive knowledge of the operational side of transportation is a must. The transportation Coordinator must be able to multitask and maintain constant communication with various role-players within the logistic process.
This is a non-supervisory role.
- Maintains records of arrival, departure, and other pertinent information regarding receiving and dispatching activities.
- Consolidates pick-ups for specific destinations, and assigns drivers, vehicles, and extra drivers when needed.
- May coordinate activities during emergency situations.
- Coordinates trip reservations via system on web portal from IntelliRide.
- Anticipates weather complications along routes and at the driver’s destinations; communicates delays and route changes, as necessary.
- Operates phone contact with drivers; receives and dispatches response and emergency aid when needed.
- Complying to transportation regulations and company polices.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Technology
- Must be a systems person
- Ability to prioritize tasks, delegating when appropriate
- Possess excellent attention to detail
- Ability to problem solve.
- Strong organizational skills to prepare and assign routes.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills. Strong leadership skills to
- ensure drivers compliance with direction and assignments.
- Basic understanding of geographical area and mapping programs to facilitate efficient routing.
- Proficient with or able to quickly learn dispatch and recordkeeping systems.
- Ability to work at a fast pace and under pressure.
- Thorough understanding of Non-Emergency Medical Transportation industry.
- Ability to operate or to quickly learn a variety of communications systems
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Degree in Business Management, logistics or related field preferred.
- At least one (1) years’ experience in related industry
- 3-5 years computer experience (required)
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.