The Development Manager is a full-time, exempt position and will oversee the donor relations, grant writing & public communication efforts for Special Kids Special Families. Reporting directly to the Executive Director, this position will work with the management team and Board of Directors to implement necessary activities to increase funding sources and create and manage the organization’s internal and external communication messaging.
- Work with the Executive Director to develop and execute a comprehensive annual donor development plan indicating measurable outcomes that meet the goals of the organization’s campaign and program budgets. The plan would include grant opportunities, individual donor and corporate sponsorships showing progressive increased giving.
- Routinely research new grant opportunities & maintain current grantor/foundation relationships.
- Develop, conduct, and manage grant proposals, reports and timelines meeting all necessary reporting deadlines.
- Communicate in a timely manner with Executive Director and Program Directors to gather data needed for grant proposals.
- Work with the Volunteer & Event Coordinator to implement budget and development plans for internal and external events and fundraisers.
- Work with the management team to create community awareness in communicating the organization’s mission, goals, and funding needs, with the goal of marketing for new funding resources.
- Research ways to participate and attend community events, community meetings and other media related opportunities (radio, TV) to communicate SKSF program services, upcoming events, or other organizational needs.
- Work with Marketing Manager to develop and communicate information both internally & externally providing media content and identifying content for press releases, social media, E-News, marketing materials, website, etc...
- Develop and implement a communication plan that includes a consistent message to ensure uniformity within the external community, internal staff, and Board of Directors.
- Develop and implement ideas to promote the organization’s public image.
- Plan and manage prospects, donor acquisitions and cultivate strategies to maintain the health of the donor pipeline.
- Secure individual and business sponsorships and kind/in-kind donations for internal events and signature fundraisers from individuals and businesses using direct face-to-face solicitation with verbal and written follow-up.
- Review donor statistics and database reports establishing goals to increase annual contributions, identify and contact donors to provide ways to increase individual donor contributions.
- Provide regular reporting to Executive Director, Board of Directors, and Committees of the status of development tasks, upcoming events, fundraisers and various opportunities for participation.
- Develop and implement a donor recognition plan.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Strong commitment to Special Kids Special Families vision and mission.
- A positive, professional approach to work in our mission-based environment.
- Ability to work as a team member and independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people of all demographics.
- Strong public speaking and media engagement skills.
- Ability to multi-task, balance priorities, manage time effectively and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work occasional nights and weekends for special events and/or fundraisers.
- Excellent problem-solving skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Great attention to detail.
- Preferred minimum of 4 years experience working in the non-profit sector.
- Bachelor’s degree or 3-5 years relevant experience in donor development & fundraising.
- Preferred experience in grant proposal writing and researching.
- Leadership and cross-functional collaboration experience.
- Proficiency in MS Office programs and basic office equipment.
- Skilled communicator with superior interpersonal, verbal and written skills.
- Valid driver’s license, current automobile insurance, and good driving record.
Onsite Mon-Fri 8am-5pm / full-time; exempt
SALARY: $56,000 - $60,000/yr DOE
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Referral Program