Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek ---- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
We're looking for future IT leaders to join our data center campus in Colorado Springs, CO or at our headquarters campus in Silicon Valley's Santa Clara, CA. We operate in fast-paced, global teams of internal professionals and external consultants where everyone is focused on results with uncompromising integrity. You'll be challenged and motivated, but most of all, your enthusiasm and your creativity will inspire us to consider new ideas and elevate our IT standards. Your unique combination of technical acumen, interpersonal skills and excellent communications will propel you to influential roles that shape the future of Agilent's world class IT architecture.
Here's where you take your college degree to the next level by provisioning, managing and supporting database environments of both commercial and in-house developed applications in our worldwide IT Computing Infrastructure. The server landscape includes over 3000 servers running primarily Microsoft Windows, Red Hat Enterprise Linux and IBM AIX - all integrating with NetApp, EMC or local disk storage. These servers are hosting database technologies like Oracle, MS SQL Server, Postgres & MySQL. Working with other teams around the world, you will identify, qualify, recommend and support database requirements. You will also manage end-to-end monitoring strategy for these databases that focuses on availability, performance, quality and business outcomes. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to research, develop, test, document, deploy and maintain all aspects of emerging open source and public cloud database technologies.
Here is what you'll get to do related to databases:
- Research & explore new DB technologies and options both on-premises and in the cloud
- Provide technical leadership for 3rd party operations & development resources
- Provide guidance in the creation and modification of standards and procedures
- Be an advocate for existing standards, policies and procedures while pushing for innovation & improvements
- Develop reports for senior management and key stakeholders
- Lead and coordinate development of periodic upgrades to the database systems which may also include migration to the cloud
- Provide guidance for ongoing corrective and preventative maintenance to improve reliability and availability of the databases
A sampling of the technologies you will be exposed to: