As an Intake Representative in eviCore healthcare’s Non-Clinical Call Center, you will serve as the main point of contact for inbound callers as you manage their benefits needs from start to finish. This includes processing requests for service, speaking with physicians’ offices and sites where the procedures will take place, as well as capturing and entering the necessary demographic and medical information in order to build the case file. You will also provide status updates and serve as a liaison to our clinical staff when needed.
Upon joining us, you will attend 5 weeks of in-depth training to help ensure your success here at eviCore healthcare. After training, a mentor and supervisor will guide your performance as you take inbound calls from doctor's offices and/or diagnostic centers, through a computer generated system. The ability to multitask will be key, as you will be listening, entering information, completing Internet searches, and asking probing questions. Specifically, you will:
- Process Review of Service Request notifications that do not require certification of medical necessity
- Promptly transfer Review of Services calls which cannot be completed via the formal script to a Clinical First Level Reviewer or Medical Reviewer for completion
- Work with sites, patients and physician’s offices to investigate and resolve any pre-certification questions or concerns and preempt unanticipated issues
- Provide professional, courteous and accurate information to all callers
*Part-time opportunities are available. The first five weeks will require a full-time training schedule and then drop to a part-time schedule.*
Minimum Experience Required
- A strong customer service orientation and commitment to providing outstanding service
- Strong attention to detail
- Professionalism and a strong work ethic; the ability to excel and meet your responsibilities in a highly structured environment
- The ability to work independently and as a reliable team member
- An upbeat attitude with a coachable persona
- Inquisitiveness and the desire to continually learn and improve
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including active listening skills
- Computer literacy, including:
- The ability to type 30-40+ wpm with accuracy
- The ability to multitask, typing and shifting between open windows and applications as you speak with callers, do research, complete paperwork, etc.
- The skill to use common software such as MS Office, especially Word, and perform tasks such as Cut and Paste, and Copy
- Flexibility to work any assigned shift between 7 a.m. and 9 p.m., Monday through Friday. Typically, you'll begin with an 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. training shift, which may be modified once you are fully acclimated, based upon company needs and available openings.
- Additionally, to meet the basic requirement for this role you must be legally authorized to work permanently in the U.S. for any employer without requiring a Visa transfer or Visa sponsorship.
Our Company and What We Offer
eviCore healthcare is committed to making a positive impact on healthcare, and also making a positive impact on our employees. eviCore offers a variety of perks and benefits including, but not limited to:
- 5 weeks of classroom and training lab, including:
- Best in class call center training program
- A classroom environment, live trainer and open discussion
- A proven curriculum providing the knowledge you need to excel
- A training lab where you take live calls with a training supervisor close by to answer questions
- A monthly pay for performance bonus incentive
- A clear path for advancement, with eviCore’s CoreMap showing your unique path to future opportunity!
- 3 weeks of PTO (starting) per year plus paid holidays
- Health, dental, vision, and life benefits with employer funded HSA
- Comprehensive employee discount program, onsite fitness facilities, and smart casual dress code
- 401k retirement plan with company match of 50% employee contributions up to 6%
Need help finding the right job?
Connect with us
and share your career interests so we can recommend eviCore jobs specifically for you!
eviCore healthcare is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation.