Kids Special Families (a 501c3 nonprofit organization located in Colorado
Springs, CO) is seeking interested candidates who are willing to become Crisis
Respite Care Providers for children and/or adults who are experiencing a
behavioral health crisis; and are needing a break from their own home setting.
This specific program is in partnership with Beacon Health Options and the
Colorado Crisis Services to develop home settings with the ability to provide
for the necessary care of an individual. Your assistance with providing respite
may mean a child or adult will not be involved in a family disruption,
experience abuse or go into a treatment facility.
We are looking for providers who can care for HIGH needs children and/or adults that require supervision and participate in a team approach to ensure that the person in need receives services. Respite will be performed in your home. The background of the individuals in need may be a developmental disability, dual diagnosis, physical or cognitive disability, social and/or emotional challenges. Some individuals may have experienced trauma, may need time away from an escalating situation or are being discharged from a hospital facility but not yet ready to return home. Compensation is available and based on level of care - up to $85/day.
Basic Requirements for Crisis Respite Care Providers:
· Professional skills and demeanor
· Attend multiple and ongoing trainings provided by Special Kids Special Families
· Willing to have a background check with everyone in the household
· Willing to provide a safe, stable & nurturing home / respite provided in your home
· Home must meet health & safety standards / administer home inspection
· Ability to relate to others and their specific situations
· Have a culturally sensitive mind-set
· Willing to report and document daily events
· Flexibility to work with crisis respite situations as well as for planned situations
· Willing to work with the SKSF Team through the licensing process
· Good communication skills and willingness to work with a professional team
· Medical or health-related background (preferred but not required)
If you are interested in this position, please contact – Sarah (adults) x49 or Sandra (children) x15 at 719-447-8983.