Shift availability includes Midnight shifts:
- Monday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 8:00PM to 4:00AM
- Sunday - Thursday from 8:00PM to 4:00AM
- Tuesday - Saturday from 8:00Pm to 4:00AM
This is union position on the Schriever Air Force Base Dining Facility. union benefits include vacation pay, sick leave, pension, health and welfare, etc.
You are Mission Essential Personnel and are required to be at your shift even in adverse weather conditions.
The Cook will coordinate the production of hot foods, pantry, child-care foods, bakery, ala carte, vending and catered menu items. The Cook will monitor work of cooks and others to ensure production, performance, procedures, and finished products meet quality and sanitation standards. The Cook will be responsible for maintaining Federal health and safety codes, customer satisfaction and accurate work results that are noticeable by the customer (i.e., food quality, departmental food standards, etc.).
- Responsible for simple cooking tasks such as, grilling steaks, chops, poultry, eggs, sausage, etc.
- Prepares, cooks, seasons, and portions foodstuffs for major meals, involving the full range of quantity cooking procedures from frequently used to new or complex recipes.
- Preparation and cooking of a full variety of meats, poultry, seafood, vegetables, soups, stew, broths, sauces, and gravies; also includes meals which require long preparation time, such as those using spaghetti sauces, sweet and sour pork, and similar items.
- Responsible for regulating food temperatures, removing food from heat, and turning food as required.
- Responsible for the seasoning of food, carve portions of meat, and arranges food on plates in such a manner as to present an appetizing appearance.
- Under the direction of a higher grade cook, adjusts recipes for the number of servings needed in quantity cooking; cooks common or frequently use recipes for gravies, sauces or soups; cooks fresh or frozen vegetables using such techniques as boiling, frying, baking, barbecuing, broiling, etc.
- Prepares toast, salads, sandwiches, cereal, etc., and prepares canned vegetables, and fruits for serving.
- Assists with planning menu, estimates amount of food needed for planned servings.
- Assists to prepare, participate, and/or direct the food preparation.
- Supervises grill cooks and kitchen helpers in the overall operation of the kitchen.
- Assures that kitchen equipment and utensils are maintained in working condition and are clean and sanitary.
- Assures that food is served in an attractive manner, is a proper temperature and is served timely.
- Coordinates production of hot foods, pantry, bakery ala carte, vending and catered menu items. Monitors work of cooks and others to ensure production, performance, procedures and finished products meet quality and sanitation standards.
- Directs the work of kitchen staff to interact with the public, understand and comply with all applicable health codes and regulations, safe equipment operation procedures, cash handling, portion control, food quality standards, etc.
- Maintains work areas, kitchen equipment and food handling procedures to ensure compliance with all safety and health codes. Understands and complies with County/State/Federal health codes to ensure health and safety of the customer.
- Prepares food items as needed for daily business and special catered events.
- Monitors food rotation and inventory levels to maintain wholesome and nutritious products. Labels food in compliance with storage guidelines. May include transferring of supplies between campuses.
- Assists with recipe development and modification, menu planning and determining best use of foods considering weather/seasonal availability, campus activities, catered events and student enrollment levels for maximum efficiency and cost control.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Clean driving record – Must provide 3-year MVD report
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must have the ability to drive yourself on and off base. (drop offs not allowed due to high security)
- Understand that you are Mission Essential Personnel and are required to be at your shift even in adverse weather conditions.
- Satisfactory government background check and ability to qualify for ongoing on-base pass & identification requirements
- Highschool Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2-years’ experience in preparing hot food, pantry, bakery, ala carte, vending and catered food in a high-volume commercial food service operation
- ServSafe/Food handler’s card required
- Knowledge of County, State, and Federal health and safety codes and regulations pertaining to food service operations, safe operation of commercial food service equipment, including deep fryers, ovens, cooktops, slicers, etc., required.
- Knowledge of food cost accounting methods required
- Ability to operate a computer for inventory and other documentation
- Ability to lead and guide the work of others
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to perform simple arithmetic calculations as applicable, according to proportions in recipe
- Knowledge of food processing equipment and cooking stoves
- Knowledge of characteristics of various foods and the knowledge to judge when to remove foods from stove to avoid overcooking
**Native Resource Development is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO/AA: M/F/V/D/SO**