Computer Tech I/ Service Desk Technician
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
• Service Desk Technicians shall operate the help desk phone system and service desk tracking system, answer incoming user calls or requests, log tickets and service requests, review incoming tickets and service requests, research and provide resolution to user problems, escalate tickets and requests to appropriate personnel, as well as monitor and report on service desk performance.
• Assist in the development and implementation of procedures that support execution of Service Desk activities, to include process flows, defined roles and responsibilities, knowledge base articles, and reporting schema to enable the establishment of appropriate touch points and engagements.
• Identify and recommend opportunities for performance improvement of hardware, software and any supporting infrastructure and supporting services by employing IT Service Management (ITSM) best practices.
• Employ continual improvement processes to effectively measure and enhance Service Desk performance, productivity, knowledge and profitability based on Service Desk performance metrics.
• Maintain Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
• Ensure that all support requests are well documented in the IT ticketing system from the creation of the ticket to the successful resolution and provide clear understanding of open ticket status.
• Communicating with internal customers, team members and management regularly during all aspects of service desk operations and ongoing technical issues.
• Track and analyze trends in Service Desk requests and generate statistical report as needed.
• Identify problems and implement solutions, identify, recommend, develop, and implement customer training programs to increase computer literacy and self-sufficiency.
• Provide thorough triaging of tickets.
• Provide written and oral communications, make recommendations for improving documentation.
• Provide recommendations on issues/problems identified and reported in trend analysis.
• Work with Geographically Separated Units in Mexico and Washington, D.C. to open, track, troubleshoot and resolve tickets.
• Two positions will require LRA training and certification.
• High school degree or equivalent
• 5 years’ experience
• Active Secret Clearance required
• DoD 8570 IAT I Certification
• Must have active A+ and S+ certifications. MCT Desktop Certification is desired
• Solid hands-on/technical knowledge of core technologies including but not limited to AD, O365, WAN/LAN/Wi-Fi, VOIP, Core Networking, Cloud Services, Video Conferencing fundamentals and printing
• Knowledge of and experience in applying ITIL principles and standards to improve incident resolution and customer service standards
• Proven leadership skills with the ability to coach team members
• Able to effectively influence and develop strong relationships with key stakeholders
• Excellent written and oral communication, including the ability to confidently present to all levels of management
This position is non-exempt
Volt is an equal opportunity employer