SCOPE: The Community Connector Mentor provides a safe, healthy, and enriching environment for children served through the SKSF Community Connector Program. This contract position is under the direct supervision of the Child Placement Agency Director and/or designee.
· Must be able to work independently in the community and facilitate community participation and activities.
· Demonstrated experience in behavioral training and ability to be assigned to working with participants with high behaviors exhibiting the following: aggression, property destruction, elopement, or self-injurious behaviors.
· Ability to implement established goals and treatment as determined in the participant’s individual plan, protocols, and behavior plan. Adhere to all person-centered planning while marinating confidentiality.
· Complete and maintain necessary paperwork, including medication logs, incident reports in a timely fashion.
· Respect and promote the rights of the client.
· Provide weekly activity calendar for participants in the program to the Community Connector Specialist for approval.
· Attend and participate in service plan meetings, and complete all required training, including medication training. Maintain training requirements to include behavior management and techniques.
· Provide for the transportation needs of the participants using personal vehicle (prior approval needed for personal vehicle). Main vehicle maintenance and documentation as required by SKSF policies for transporting participants.
· Provide integrated supports to the client, including facilitating relationship building.
· Promote awareness of the abilities of the individuals with disabilities, while maintaining confidentiality.
· Document and immediately report any incidents of concern to the Program Director or Team Lead as designated.
· Attend staff community connection meetings as scheduled.
· High School Diploma or equivalency; prefer Associate’s Degree in child welfare or other human services field
· Must have behavioral training and/or have worked with high risk challenging behaviors
· CPR, First Aid, & Universal Precautions within 30 days of hire
· Current physical within last 2 years per State of CO rules & regulations
· Must be able to lift and carry children as needed – able to lift 50lbs
· Valid driver’s license, current vehicle insurance, and an acceptable driving record per SKSF standards
· Able to drive a vehicle safely while transporting passengers; use city maps to locate unknown destinations; establish rapport and provide safe and calm environment for children; assess possible concerns during visitations and problem solve as needed
SALARY: $16-26/hr depending on services provided