The Communications Manager is responsible for overseeing the implementation and evaluation for both internal and external communication strategies. Their duties include managing external communication channels like social media platforms, organization website and media public relations, writing agency newsletters, emails, scripts and adhering to the organization’s brand by publishing content and marketing materials.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
● Responsible for strategic, content development, execution, and distribution of communication to multiple channels serving as an advisor and counsel to the Executive Director.
● Identifies and uses PEAK’s results to ensure all programs are maximized.
● Generates and coordinates shareable website content that meets PEAK’s mission, values, brand, and standards of practice to inform families of children with disabilities, self-advocates, and supporters.
● Develops, manages, and produces content for blogs and agency newsletter.
● Serves as final editor for organization’s content.
● Supports letter drafting, emails, scripts, and other written material for the Executive Director and team members as assigned.
● Reports weekly to the Executive Director to stay on the same page about agency needs and goals. Works to implement those goals in line with PEAK’s policies.
● Assists with the planning and marketing of PEAK Parent events. Serves as a staff presence on committees as assigned.
● Writes compelling stories, advertisements, social media posts, and emails. Must be able to quickly turn around content and maintain a high level of professionalism and consistency.
● Integrates all communication activities and content to create a holistic, consistent experience.
● Supports crisis and emergency communications as necessary.
● Maintains a high awareness of digital trends, new emerging technologies, and platforms.
● Travels as necessary to conference, statewide incentives, and special events, which may require long hours, to deliver presentation or to support/promote PEAK Parent Center.
● Performs other related duties as assigned.
Social Media Duties:
● Integrates social media strategies with forward-thinking content and communication plans across various outlets to amplify PEAK’s message, engage stakeholders, and build new audiences.
● Manages and helps to create marketing content to socialize and use for social media purposes (e.g., customer video briefs, customer case studies, blog posts, posts from analysts and customers).
● Builds and nurtures social media platform-specific communities and audiences.
● Keeps pace with social media and internet marketing industry trends and developments.