We believe people can change
This is a full-time position functioning in a 24/7 residential facility.
Hourly Rate: $18.80
Employer Paid Life Insurance, AD&D, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability
401K 5% Employer Match
14 Paid Holidays
Vacation, Sick and Personal Time
Employee Assistance Program
Medical, Dental, Vision
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Client Support Specialist provides a system of accountability and continuous supervision of the adult offender population by monitoring all residential activities.
- Ensures security for all staff, residents, and facilities to ensure community safety.
- Processes new client intakes into the residential facility by explaining facility rules and conducting inventory of client’s property. Conducts out processing of clients by completing the proper paperwork and conducting inventory of the client's property.
- Enforces the Conditions and Expectations guidelines through area and accountability checks, conducting offsite phone checks and monitoring activities on facility grounds.
- Observes the collection of client specimens for analysis.
- Performs Alco-Sensor tests to meet operating standards when clients are under suspicion of drug and/or alcohol abuse.
- Randomly conducts personal and room searches to verify the presence of each client and detection contraband items, which can include contraband searches including the use of canines.
- Provides detailed documentation of client violation of Conditions and Expectations, medical incident reports, critical incident reports and documentation of positive recognition through company computer program.
- Monitors medication intake and conducts medication compliance audits to ensure accuracy of stock.
- Manages the cleanliness of grounds and buildings to include resident rooms’ and reports any deficiencies for repair.
- Conducts monthly evacuation drills as scheduled.
- Tracks daily client movement through logging phone calls via computerized data entry system. Facilitates and verifies resident movement through biometric verification.
- Runs daily and weekly reports as needed.
- Operates with a level of integrity to comply with all Federal, State and County compliance standards to include the Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA).
- Adheres to Evidence Based Practices.
- Conducts transportation of clients, to include picking up new residents form referral agencies.
- Provides First Responder medical attention to include CPR, 1st Aid, AED and Narcan administration if applicable.
- Conducts administrative reviews and hearings.
- Ensures compliance with CORE correctional practices.
- Acts as a liaison between case management, on-call departments, and clients.
- Monitors cameras to supplement staff presence within the environment
- Employs appropriate utilization of de-escalation tactics to include problem solving and Motivational Interviewing techniques to resolve conflict.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: None
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION/ WORK EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or equivalent education.
Successful candidates will complete pre-employment screening; which includes, but is not limited to a Criminal Background check to include fingerprinting. EMBRAVE is a drug and alcohol free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EMBRAVE is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of age over 40, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, military status, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.