Zach’s Place staff provide a safe, healthy, and enriching environment for children and young adults with special needs. Our staff teach life skills, help our young clients participate in activities, and provide essential direct care. Zach’s Place at the Laurie Hillyard Family Center is a program of Special Kids Special Families. Special Kids Special Families (SKSF) is a Colorado non-profit 501(c)3 organization. SKSF was founded in 1998 to provide respite and care for children and adults with disabilities and special needs. Various programs offer community support services to families and are designed to meet the needs of individuals with disabilities throughout their life span.
To help provide a safe, healthy, and enriching environment for children and young adults served at Zach’s Place. This position is under the direct supervision of the Program Director and/or designee.
· Provide direct care, including physical care to the program’s participants. May include caring for medically fragile individuals.
· Assist in the implementation of established goals and treatment in the daily programming of the Center; as determined in the participant’s individual plan.
· Follow the policies and procedures for the care of Zach’s Place participants, as established by the Center and the State Department of Human Services. This includes safety plans, reporting emergencies, life skills programming and emergency procedures.
· Maintain necessary paperwork, including medication logs, incident reports, check-in guide. Report any Center needs, including repair and maintenance, in the staff communication book and to Team Shift Lead.
· Report and document incidents per agency policies and procedures for reporting incidents.
· Must be willing to learn and implement positive behavior supports for the children.
· Attend staff meetings and complete all required training, including medication training. Maintain training requirements of 15 annual ongoing hours to include behavior management and techniques.
· Will work as a team member and assist other staff in the completion of tasks to maintain the Center’s standards for safety and cleanliness.
· Provide for the transportation needs of the children using company van or own vehicle.
· Must be willing to implement community participation activities.
· Must be willing to assist with faculty duties, recreation activities, and other areas to better serve those participating in the program.
· Other duties as assigned.
Please visit http://www.SKSFcolorado.org for more information about Special Kids Special Families Zach’s Place program and other SKSF programs. http://sksfcolorado.org/get-involved/career-opportunities/