To help provide a safe, healthy, and enriching environment for children and young adults served at Zach’s Place. Works closely with the Center Manager & Program Director and is responsible for supervision of the Childcare Staff scheduled during assigned shifts. This position is under the direct supervision of the Program Directors and/or designee.
· Assist in the implementation of established goals and treatment in the daily programming of the Center; as determined in the participant’s individual plan.
· Assist as delegated with visitor/volunteer oversight.
· Maintain necessary paperwork, including medication logs, incident reports, check-in guide. Report any Center needs, including repair and maintenance, in the staff communication book.
· Assist with the general appearance of the Center, and that the health and safety standards are being met, and with the safety & security of the program location, reporting any concerns to the Management Staff.
· Must thoroughly understand & demonstrate proficiency in agency incident reporting policy & procedures.
· Available to go out into the community with any client based on program needs and training.
· Provide direct care, including physical care to the program’s participants. May include caring for medically fragile individuals.
· Supervise and oversee the direct care staff as assigned by the management team, to include direction, encouragement, and modeling of appropriate actions.
· Follow the policies and procedures for the care of Zach’s Place participants, as established by the Center and the State Department of Human Services. This includes safety plans, reporting emergencies, life skills programming and emergency procedures.
· Must effectively communicate with parents/guardians.
· Attend staff meetings and complete all required training, including medication training.
· Maintain training requirements as established by the Program Directors.
· Will work as a team member and assist other staff in the completion of tasks to maintain the Center’s standards for safety and cleanliness.
· Provide for the transportation needs of the children using company van or own vehicle.
· Must be willing to assist with facility management duties, recreation activities, and other areas to better serve those participating in the program.
Paid time off