SCOPE: To help provide a safe, healthy, and enriching environment for children and young adults served at Special Kids Special Families Zach’s Place childcare and respite program. This position is under the direct supervision of the Program Director and/or designee.
· Provide direct care, including physical care to the program’s participants. May include caring for medically fragile individuals
· Assist in the implementation of established goals and treatment in the daily programming of the Center as determined in the participant’s individual plan
· Follow the policies and procedures for the care of Zach’s Place participants, as established by the Center and the State Department of Human Services. This includes safety plans, reporting emergencies, life skills programming and emergency procedures
· Maintain necessary paperwork, including medication logs, incident reports, check-in guide. Report any Center needs, including repair and maintenance, in the staff communication book and to Team Shift Lead
· Report and document incidents per agency policies and procedures for reporting incidents
· Must be willing to learn and implement positive behavior supports for the children
· Will work as a team member and assist other staff in the completion of tasks to maintain the Center’s standards for safety and cleanliness
· Must be willing to implement community participation activities
· Must be willing to assist with faculty duties, recreation activities, and other areas to better serve those participating in the program
· Other duties as assigned.
· High School diploma or GED
· A minimum of 2 years’ experience providing direct care to children, with some experience working with children with special needs.
· Must be able to lift and transfer, up to 50 lbs. and be able to stand for the majority of the shift.
· Must be available to work occasional weekend days if needed.
· Must be able to work independently in the community for picking up and dropping off children, community participation and community connections activities; thus, meeting the agency’s standards for independent work
· Work experience that includes one or more of the following – CAN License, Behavior Support Specialist, Paraprofessional in the school system or Home Health Worker is an asset
· CPR, First Aid, & Universal Precautions within 30 days of hire
· Valid Driver’s License & current vehicle insurance
Health, Life, Dental & Vision Insurance
Paid time off
Zach’s Place childcare and respite center serves children ages 2.5-18 with disabilities (developmental, behavioral, and physical). As a CHILDCARE PROVIDER/TEACHER you will be providing children with practical life skills education, develop critical safety and self-sufficiency skills, and involve the children in community inclusion activities. You’ll be working with them on fine and gross motor activities to gain interpersonal and communication skills. You’ll be helping the children participate in music, art, and science classes appropriate for their different developmental levels and engage them in our new and unique on-site horticulture therapy and garden program. The indoor and outdoor play areas include adaptive equipment for the youth to encourage physical activity.
“Every child with a disability has strengths. These may be