The Finance Manager’s main duties are to assist Executive Director in overseeing the financial activities of the organization.
· Processing of scheduled payroll, mileage, foster care & host home checks.
· Disbursement of payments and reimbursements to vendors, employee mileage reimbursement checks, foster care and host home checks; upon Executive Director’s approval.
· Documentation and maintenance in appropriate record keeping per agency file retention policy
· Disbursement of payroll related payments including garnishments, taxes, and PTO tracking
· Tracking of expenditures of any received grants and work with the Grant Manager in ensuring compliance with any grant restrictions
· Oversight with preparation of reports, documents, and other pertinent information needed for annual external accounting firm and auditors.
· Oversight of expense allocation
· Work closely with Executive Director & Finance Committee in organizational planning and growth development.
· Monitor loans, accounts payable and receivable; overseeing the accuracy of all entries in regards to financial reporting.
· Reconcile and recommend resolution for fluctuations, discrepancies, or concerns noted on financial reports, budgets to actuals, and other reports.
· Work with Board Treasurer and Accounting Clerk in preparation of monthly financial reports and analysis for the Executive Director and the Board of Directors review, as requested. Such analysis will include, but not be limited to; lease-buy, financial feasibility, and practicality assessment of financial decisions & purchases, and program financial performance.
· Maintain oversight over the fund status of the Agency, work with Board Treasurer & Executive Director to prepare forecasts of such funds; and make recommendations to BOD to ensure Agency financial liquidity
· Work and communicate closely with Executive Director and Program managers in preparing and updating budget to actuals for each program, tracking expenditures and income against approved budget, and concerns in financial trends.
· Oversee and track all vehicle maintenance expenditures against approved budget
· Work with Office Manager in oversight and tracking of Office supply expenditures and budget
· Assist and communicate closely with Executive Director and IT Coordinator in overseeing and tracking IT expenditures against approved budget.
· Communicate and work closely with Executive Director in developing and implementation of agency’s financial policies.
· Assist Executive Director, Media/Marketing Mgr., and Fundraising Mgr., in tracking and analyzing expenses and income against approved fundraising budgets, preparing reports when requested, and assist in Grant Reporting.
· Responsible for general oversight of operational expenditures and cost analysis
· Reassess and provide recommendations for cost effectiveness in budget; report to Executive Director and/or BOD in changes of budget and program allocations.
· Responsible for verification of contractors, i.e. W-9 on file, insurance certificates when necessary and annual updates to the contractor file
· Track all agency leases, due dates, cost changes.
· Assist with annual audits; including 990 reporting, foster care audits, social security audits.
· Responsible for monthly, quarterly and annual reporting of state and federal tax reporting, W2’s and 1099’s.
· Responsible for tracking annual contracts relating to independent contractors and vendors for general services in conducting of business
· Prefer 5-years of experience in non-profit accounting, a Bachelor’s degree in business administration, organizational development or related field.
· Knowledge in Non-profit accounting and general operations of an organization.
· Must demonstrate excellent skills in staff management and supervisory skills.
· Exceptional skill to communicate effectively with people of all demographics and demonstrates leadership experiences and skills.
· Must be well- refined and possesses multi-tasking and organizational skills, must know Quick Books.
Job Type: Full-time
· Nonprofit financial: 2 years (Preferred)
· Financial Management: 2 years (Preferred)
· QuickBooks: 2 years (Required)
Education: Bachelor's (Preferred)