El Paso County Benefits
Performs all phases of painting from surface preparation to finished product. Specializes in wall repair, remodeling, repainting, staining, tile work, and new construction projects.
- Work-Life Balance
- 12 vacation days (96 hours, accrued per pay period) annually
- 3 personal days (24 hours) annually
- Hired 1/1-4/30, 3 days (24 hours)
- Hired 5/1-8/31, 2 days (16 hours)
- Hired, 9/1-11/30, 1 day (8 hours)
- 12 sick days (96 hours) annually
- 11 holidays annually
- Employee Fitness Centers
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- 2 Onsite Health Centers
- Retirement plan
- 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Specializes in painting, staining, wallpapering, and ceramic tiling. Uses equipment such as sprayers, power tools, paint brushes, rollers, and tile cutters.
- Prepares surfaces for material application to include cleaning, priming, scraping, caulking, striping, patching holes, and texturing.
- Performs graffiti removal and surface restoration.
- Maintains cleanliness of equipment and a safe and orderly work area. Analyzes surface to be upgraded; determines the materials and time needed to complete the job.
- Assists in evaluating and prioritizing needs within all County buildings.
- Assists in completing orders, paperwork, and ordering materials.
- Assists in snow removal and moving furniture as needed.
- Performs general maintenance duties to include minor plumbing, electrical, and carpentry; assists personnel as required. Responds to on-call/emergency situations as required.
- Performs other duties as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent education.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in painting and/or staining required.
- Knowledge of surface preparation related to painting, staining, wallpaper hanging, and tile setting techniques
- Knowledge of proper handling and use of paint, primer, thinner, varnish, stain, caulking, and adhesive materials.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with County employees and the general public.
- Ability to work independently and carry out assignments in a safe, proper, and timely manner.
- Must be proficient in use of equipment for general maintenance and application of finish, including brushes, rollers, sprayers, and paint compressors.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- An equivalent combination of related education and experience may be substituted for the education and experience requirements above.
- Must pass conditional post offer background investigation, motor vehicle record check, drug screen, and physical examination.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Driver's License.
- Criminal Justice Information System (CJIS) certification, or have the ability to successfully obtain within ninety (90) days of employment.
Work is performed both indoors and outside. Position involves extensive standing, bending, reaching, kneeling, climbing on ladders and scaffolding, and carrying heavy tools to work site and working in very small spaces. Must be able to safely lift and carry up to 50 lbs. May be exposed to hazardous materials when working with paint, thinners, or other materials.