Multiple tiers of support available
The Successful applicant will have 3-5 years’ experience with Cisco routing and switching equipment in an enterprise (greater than 3000 users) network environment. Extensive knowledge and skills with protocol layer troubleshooting utilizing OSPF, BGP and VPN technology.
Required skills include the ability to install, configure, operate, and troubleshoot enterprise level routers and switches. This includes design implementation and verification of connections to remote sites in a Wide Area Network, and making connections to remote sites via the WAN. Includes mitigation of security threats and knowledge of Voice (VOIP) networks.
Occasional weekend or shift work may be required.
- Work with other functional areas across the enterprise to maintain and administer security boundary components to meet IAW DoD and Air Force Standards utilizing industry best practices.
- Change, upgrade, and patch boundary devices, utilizing Air Force, two person integrity compliance through established change management procedures.
- Participate in project management, planning, implementation and installation to ensure configuration and integration conforms to baseline architecture.
- Identify and document potential threats and managing resolution of security violations.
- Manage intrusion protection systems (IPS)
- Troubleshoot and correct IPS induced service issues.
- Maintain physical infrastructure to include troubleshooting and operating system patching.
- Grant and restrict administrative access to boundary devices according to authorization rules.
- Collaborate to maintain and administer security boundary components at all locations following IAW DoD and AF standards guidance.
- Identify potential threats and manage the resolution of security violations.
- Monitor and troubleshoot intrusion prevention boundary devices using Government provided toolsets (such as SCOM, SolarWinds, SMARTS, and NETCOP/NETCOOL)
- Monitoring network boundaries and reconstituting friendly cyberspace capabilities before, during and after any network incidents.
- Make changes/upgrades/patches to boundary devices requiring two person compliance through established change management procedures.
- Respond to outages, resolve and document priority incident tickets.
- Preform network maintenance during prescribed maintenance windows.
- Troubleshooting web connectivity problems.
- Experience in a military (Air Force) enterprise environment.
- Candidate must hold an active Department of Defense (DoD) clearance level of Secret prior to start date.
- Candidate must be certified in accordance with DoD 8570 IAT Level II approved baseline certifications prior to start date.
- Additional industry certifications may be required within specific time frames.
- Blue Coat Certified Administrator or Palo Alto Accredited Configuration Engineer (ACE)
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Short & Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Vacation & Sick Leave
Valdez International Corporation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Valdez International Corporation complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Valdez requires drug screenings of all its employees.
By law, this position requires U.S. citizenship.