Assoc. Dir., IT Customer Service
Colorado Springs, CO
The Associate Director of IT Customer Service will direct daily and ongoing operational support of the desktop infrastructure while ensuring exceptional customer service. They will oversee all aspects of customer service including help desk and desktop support services, mobile device services, audio-visual and collaboration systems, and related technologies.
This position requires exceptional communication skills and attention to detail, as well as mastery in building and maintaining strong positive relationships within the team and across the organization.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Leadership: Have a deep understanding of and experience in Servant Leadership. Work with team to improve upon and create organizational processes and strategies. Lead the team in various technology choices based on company needs and direction. Make recommendations for buy versus build decisions.
- Project Management: Maintain the project priorities for the help desk, desktop support, and audio-visual & collaboration teams. Allocates resources across multiple projects and ensures projects meet agreed upon deadlines and deliverables. Formulate system plans, estimates costs for delivering systems and monitor any exceptions.
- Staffing: Responsible for hiring and managing all help desk, desktop support, and audio-visual systems team members. Conduct regular reviews and ensures team maintains technical certifications.
- Customer Liaison: Build and maintain strong relationships with the USOC internal customer base to better assist them with their current and future desktop and AV needs.
Minimum Qualifications Required
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Master’s Degree a plus
- 8-10 years of IT experience with increased responsibility of IT roles
- 5-7 years of project leadership/management experience; experience managing IT Customer Service organizations.
- Well versed in Customer Service best practices
- Demonstrated ability to measure the success of Customer Service through metrics and tools
- Has worked in small/mid-sized IT groups, fast-paced multi-tasking and multi-role efforts
- In-depth hands-on experience in the Microsoft Enterprise including both on-prem and hosted solutions.
- Microsoft 365 platform administration, BlueJeans and web conferencing tools, and ServiceNow experience is a plus
- Strong verbal, written and presentation communication skills
- Focus on team member development
- Detailed understanding of budgeting and forecasting
- Ability to understand and communicate complex technical aspects in appropriate terms to the business units and the technical team
- Self-managed, highly motivated and results-oriented
- Collaborative, servant leadership style
- Skilled at managing priorities and meeting deadlines in a complex environment
- Experience in managing third-party vendor relationships
Tools, Equipment, & Conditions
- Standard office equipment
- Standard SDLC processes
- Office Environment, multi-level building
- Prolonged sitting
- Prolonged use of hands/wrists/arms
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Regular attendance at work is an essential job function
Colorado Springs Downtown Headquarters
$85,000 - $110,000