Are you an experienced Aquatics Professional with the ability to inspire a team while adhering to safety guidelines? Are you interested in utilizing your experience to ensure the safety and well-being of others by providing access to important programs and services to the community? This may be the opportunity for you?
As an Aquatics Director you will help the YMCA of the Pikes Peak Region support our community and members by ensuring the safe operating and robust and consistent programming of our Aquatics Department. The Aquatics Director is responsible for program development, including program expansion and supporting ongoing programs to maximize the pool usage. Through strong leadership, efficient planning, high quality engagement, and direct service, the Aquatics Director manages staff, creates an environment of fun that develops relationships, achievement and belonging while fostering a lifelong love of swimming and the water. This includes recruiting, hiring, training/certification, supervision, and scheduling. Through strong communication and outreach skills, this position will build relationships with community organizations to effectively grow the aquatics program. The Aquatics Director will lead regular staff trainings and will conduct in-services and trainings for staff. The incumbent in this role will enjoy connecting with participants and visitors of all ages, have the ability to carry out Aquatics initiatives that meet the goals of the organization, and have a strong skill set in planning and leading others.
AQUATICS DIRECTOR REQUIREMENTS:
· Minimum age of 21
· Bachelor's degree preferred in related field or three years work experience in aquatics or a combination of education and work experience in field related to aquatics
· Current American Red Cross or YMCA Lifeguard
· Previous hiring and supervisory experience and development of staff
· Experience with program design, development, implementation and retention
· Managed balance department budget preferred
· Certified in pool operation preferred
· Knowledge and experience in building and pool maintenance
· YMCA Team Leader Certification preferred
AQUATICS DIRECTOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Recruit, hire, train, and supervise aquatic and water exercise staff, shift leaders, and a head lifeguard.
· Develop and implement a comprehensive, year round training plan for lifeguards, swim instructors, and water exercise staff to include prerequisites and opportunities for National YMCA certifications.
· Train and test staff in aquatic emergency procedures.
· Design promotional material which communicates the objectives and aquatic programs to the Association and community.
· Observe, review, and coach individual effectiveness of employees annually in a formalized basis. Administer salary increases within the policies of the Association and review annually the effectiveness of direct employees with the Executive Director.
· Develop, administer, and control the aquatic department budget and take appropriate action to maintain the fiscal integrity of the department.
· Assist staff leadership team in reaching campaign goals through recruiting campaigners, making personal asks and supporting branch events.
· Develop special events to aid in program development as needed.
· Maintain quality control of the aquatics facility, equipment, and programs with special consideration to risk management issues.
· Maintain proper records, including staff certifications, staff meetings, and daily logs used for policy and procedure review so that information can be reviewed at any time.
· Administer, direct, and supervise all aquatic classes, specialty programs, and water exercise classes.
· Review and evaluate the enrollment and operations of the aquatic programs and communicate findings to the Branch Operating Board and committees as required.
· Act as Primary Responder in case of accident, injury, or illness.
· Act as liaison between groups and YMCA for all facility use and rentals.
FULL-TIME EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
· Free membership equal to a Two Adult Household
· Program discounts
· Paid time off
· Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
· Disability Benefits
· Life Insurance
· Generous retirement benefits - 12% after eligibility is met
· Employee Assistance Program
CHILD ABUSE PREVENTION:
Support the YMCA of the Pikes Peak Region’s commitment to child abuse prevention by:
- Reporting any items that may provide a health or safety hazard to staff, members or guests to your supervisor
- Following all policies and procedures related to keeping children safe in our facilities and programs, including those related to the monitoring and supervision of children
- Reporting any suspicious behavior and violation of policy and procedures to your supervisor
- Completing all child abuse prevention training as required
The YMCA has zero tolerance for abuse. We will report all suspected and/or allegations of abuse to the state and federal law.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
The YMCA of the Pikes Peak Region is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The YMCA of the Pikes Peak Region is a Drug and Alcohol Free work environment
Reasonable accommodations may be made to empower a qualified candidate with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job.
This job announcement is not intended to be inclusive of all functions, responsibilities and qualifications associated with the position, however, representative of the essential job functions and typical criteria considered necessary to successfully perform the position.