APPLY TODAY! NOW HIRING
Animal Law Enforcement Officer- Humane Society of the Pikes Peak Region
The Humane Society of the Pikes Peak Region is seeking a dynamic individual to enhance our Animal Law Enforcement Department. At HSPPR, our staff members make a difference every day because they are passionate about protecting public safety, health the quality of life and are committed to saving animals lives. The people we hire and the work we do exemplifies our core values of active compassion, responsible stewardship, mindful integrity, passion for excellence and collaboration.
The purpose of this position is to utilize specially trained, non-sworn personnel to perform lower priority non-criminal duties within Animal Law Enforcement. This is accomplished by responding to and processing low priority calls; communicating via radio, operating a vehicle safely in routine situations; maintaining reference and information of basic City and County Municipal Ordinances and State Statutes, and Department procedures; performing duties and responsibilities; providing field training for community service officers and/or volunteers; and filling in for ALE call takers/dispatchers.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
This job description includes major duties and responsibilities of the job. It is not to be construed as including every task inherent in the position. The time spend on each essential function will vary based on operation needs and is only intended to be an approximation over the course of a full year.
· Primary responsibilities will include Responding to lower priority ALE calls within the area assigned such as:
· Patrolling for and apprehension of loose domestic animals
· Picking up contained animals from citizens
· Addressing noisy pet complaints
· Animal bites and quarantine follow up
· Nuisance complaints
· Number of animals
· Warnings for various violations
· Taking witness statements/complaints for various violations
· Provides animal transport services to and from various locations such as picking up animals from area emergency veterinarian clinics
· Participate in public events
· Process animal licenses
· Drop off and pick up summons and complaints
· Process animal bites
· Process ALE Officer Court packets
· Testifies in court as necessary
· Assists ALE Officers with animal handling such as loading, unloading, vaccination, kenneling, etc.
· Provides call taker and dispatch duties as requested
· Communicates via radio and telephone
· Operates vehicle safety in non-emergency situations
· Completes various reports and electronic records
· Complies with all Animal Law Enforcement policies and procedures and training guidelines.
· Actively participates and meets or exceeds the requirements of the Animal Law Enforcement Community Services Officer Training Program.
· Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with employees, customers, and citizens.
· Performs administrative duties as assigned.
· Represents Animal Law Enforcement and the contracted jurisdictions in a professional and courteous manner at all times.
· Promptly reports violations of policy and procedure and/or conduct unbecoming to Division and/or Department Leadership.
· Maintain a positive and professional attitude at all times.
· Resolves conflict while promoting a compassionate community where animals and people are cared for and valued.
· Other duties and tasks as assigned by the Department and/or Divisional Leadership.
· Commitment to the mission, values, goals and success of HSPPR.
· Perform all other duties as assigned.
Locations we are hiring for:
· 610 Abbot Lane, Colorado Springs, CO 80905
· 4600 Eagleridge Place, Pueblo Co 81008
· Starting pay is $17.00/hour
If interested in applying, please visit our website @ http://jobs.hsppr.org/jobs