Airport Operations Manager
Colorado Springs, CO
Colorado Springs Small Airport
There are two major airports in Colorado. We're the small one. Being small means we can deliver a unique experience that big airports typically can't, such as easy parking, small lines, small waits, and small walks to gates. We're here to support the community, connect people, reduce stress, and to make the time people spend in the airport more enjoyable. We want to be people's first choice for flying in and out of Colorado. We're here to make everything easy and friendly and to give people a reason to say "I love my small airport."Essential Job Functions - the basic job duties an employee must be able to perform:
- Act as the primary Airport Security Coordinator and incident commander; coordinate tenant, FAA, and military operation issues
- Review and analyze emergency plans; plan, develop, and implement emergency procedures; prepare documents; and communicate and present to internal personnel and mutual aid agencies
- Monitor and manage work needed on the airfield, air service ramp, and public areas of the airport, including painting, asphalt repair, rubber removal, mowing, etc.
- Train employees on FAA (Federal Aviation Administration) and TSA (Transportation Security Administration) requirements; implement regulatory compliance; develop and present procedural requirements to staff and tenants
- Monitor, evaluate, implement, and investigate the safe and efficient use of a public use airport
- Develop and manage operations budgets; act as project manager for contracted and staff projects and procurements
- Manage and oversee ground transportation permits; enforce ground transportation regulations; coordinate and communicate with ground transportation companies; and settle disputes
- Provide customer service; monitor passenger activity in the terminal and at checkpoints; and meet with TSA when wait times affects good customer service
- Monitor delays, cancellations, arrivals, and departures; manage employee parking regulations; and monitor the access control program to ensure TSA compliance
- Manage and supervise administrative, operations, and communications center staff; hire, train, and administer performance goals and objectives for staff; counsel and administer disciplinary action up to termination; and monitor payroll and other personnel policies for compliance and consistency with other departments
- Manage and supervise the snow removal process, including team schedules and call outs
We are looking for candidates who demonstrate:
Successful candidate will have:
- Knowledge of pertinent laws, rules, and regulations governing airport operations
- Knowledge of a comprehensive airfield operations program
- Knowledge of principles and practices of municipal budget preparation and administration
- Knowledge of pertinent federal, state, and local laws, codes, and regulations
- Ability to select, supervise, train, and evaluate staff
- Ability to develop and administer goals, objectives, and procedures
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in aviation management, professional aeronautics, public administration, business administration, or closely related field
- Five years of full-time professional management experience in airport operations and maintenance
The selected candidate must pass (or have already passed) a fingerprint-based criminal history records check as required by the Transportation Security Administration.
NOTE: This job announcement is not intended to include a complete listing of all responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities associated with the position.
The City does not sponsor applicants for work visas. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of your eligibility to work in the United States.
Apply to Join Our Team
To view the City's job classifications, including physical demands and descriptions Click Here
- Please visit Colorado Springs Jobs and click on ‘Apply for a City Career’ > ‘City Career Postings – Apply Now’ button to complete an online application. All job applicants will need to create a new login and online application (unless you already have a NEOGOV/governmentjobs.com user ID and password).
- Completing your application in full, including the entire work experience section, will assist Human Resources (HR) in the applicant screening process. Your application may not be considered if all of the information requested for each employer you list is not provided.
- Our NEOGOV application system does not allow you to edit your application after it has been submitted for a position. If you want to make changes, you may submit another application prior to the position’s closing date and time listed in the job posting. HR will review the last application you submit for a position.
To view the status of your application Click Here.
To be notified of future career opportunities, go to coloradosprings.gov/jic