The Consolidated Air Force Satellite Control Network (AFSCN) Modifications, Maintenance, and Operations (CAMMO) project combines operations, maintenance and sustainment (OM&S) requirements from three contracts to consolidate AFSCN services onto a single contract vehicle. This “vertical integration” of related work will eliminate stovepipes and reduce the total ownership costs of keeping national security and civil satellites operating in support of worldwide operations. Tasks include operation and site support, organizational and depot maintenance, sustainment, modifications and factory/launch compatibility testing.
We are seeking qualified, mission-oriented and self-motivated individuals for a wide range of technical positions, pending contract award. We are looking for a Technical Writer who can edit, review, and publish approved AFSCN Technical Order Changes to the baseline in support of the operations and maintenance personnel performing the Air Force Satellite Control Network mission.
What You’ll Get to Do:
- Sustain AFSCN Technical Order Baseline
- Create Technical Order redline packages
- Incorporate approved technical order changes using Arbortext
- Review technical order changes
- Create/Edit engineering documentation
- Participate in project teams
More About this Role:
- Coordinate with engineers and project team members to create/Edit Technical Order and Engineering documentation
- Review and edit contract deliverables
- Support project and contract customer meetings
- Train and mentor other technical writers
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
Education: Bachelor Degree in Technical Writing or technical field
- 0-2 years technical writing experience
- Experience with MS Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Experience with Air Force Technical Orders
- Ability to communicate with project managers, government customers, engineering and logistics staff
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Ability to obtain a SECRET clearance
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Experience in the Air Force Satellite Control Network (AFSCN)
- Familiarity with engineering drawings
- Working knowledge of TM-86-01 and TO-00-5-1
- Experience with SGML language and Arbortext editor
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
US-Colorado Springs-CO-COLORADO SPRINGS
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.