SCOPE: The Special Kids Special Families Adult Disabilities Mentor oversees and supports the client’s integration in the daily activities. This position works with our adults with special needs to teach them applicable life skills, including attending to personal needs. Mentors must be able to work any of the adult services programs (I-CAN, Joey’s). The Mentor performs an integral front-line role in meeting the organization’s mission: Promoting, Strengthening and Supporting Individuals with Disabilities, their Families & Caregivers. This position’s work schedule can fluctuate and is dependent on the program’s needs.
· Provide integrated supports to the client, including facilitating relationship building.
· Participate in the implementation of the Individual Service and Support Plan.
· Promote awareness of the abilities of the individuals with disabilities, while maintaining confidentiality.
· Document and immediately report any incidents of concern to the Program Coordinator, Assistant Coordinator or Team Lead as designated.
· Complete and submit documentation in a timely matter. This includes required daily program documentation.
· Be in a primary role for the transportation needs of the client as assigned. This includes regular driver or ride along duties.
· Respect the rights of the client.
· Adhere to all person center planning.
· Implement and provide data for the Behavior Supports Plans.
· Attend and participate in all required trainings & meetings.
· Assist with Activities of Daily Living (ADL’s).
· Communicate with and actively engage in client activities.
· Facilitate client group activities.
· Train on and fully know the protocols and behavior plans for all clients in the day programs.
· Available to go out into the community with any client, based on program need.
· Perform two-people assists with changes and transfers (using Hoyer lift and other adaptive equipment) and fully assist (one person) with personal care, which includes toileting and feeding.
· Other related duties as assigned.
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral Program
- Paid holidays