Minimum Formal Qualifications for this Position
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. or equivalent.
- Associate's Degree in Accounting or a related field. preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or a related field. preferred
- 3+ years combined experience in an accounting function, financial services member service, or related functions
Each year of relevant work experience may be exchanged for a year in a relevant degree program or vice versa. For example, a requirement of a bachelor's degree in accounting and 2+ years of accounting experience could be substituted for a high school diploma and 6 years of relevant accounting work experience or a master's degree in accounting and 0 years of work experience.
Technical or Specialized Knowledge/Skills:
- Strong communication, organization, and customer service skills.
- Ability to analyze situations and transactions related to this position and make independent, relevant business decisions.
- Ability to manage a high level of detail with absolute accuracy, and ability to employ common sense.
- Possess a solid understanding of Microsoft Office Word and Excel with a strong ability to learn and interact with web-based software.
- Formal accounting training and development, preferably through university coursework. (i.e. Accounting Principles)
- Fundamental understanding of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite of products (Word/Excel/Outlook).
Environmental, Physical and Psychological Requirements
- Standing - Occasionally
- Walking - Occasionally
- Sitting - Frequently
- Lifting - Rarely (40 Lbs)
- Carrying - Rarely
- Pushing - Rarely
- Pulling - Rarely
- Balancing - Rarely
- Stooping - Rarely
- Kneeling - Rarely
- Crouching - Rarely
- Crawling - Rarely
- Reaching - Occasionally
- Handling - Occasionally
- Grasping - Occasionally
- Feeling - Occasionally
- Talking - Frequently
- Hearing - Frequently
- Repetitive Motions - Frequently
- Eye/Hand/Foot Coordination - Occasionally
- Noises louder than normal speaking volume - Occasionally
- Temperature Changes - Rarely
- Atmospheric Conditions - Rarely