Special Kids Special Families
3450 N Nevada Avenue
Colorado Springs, CO 80905
RECEPTIONIST / ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
This full-time non-exempt position will be responsible for oversight of front desk operations, including answering telephones, greeting and monitoring visitors & providing administrative support. This position is under the direct supervision of the Adult Services Administrative Support personnel. This position works at the Adult Services program of Special Kids Special Families supporting individuals with disabilities.
• Manage multi- line phones in a busy office setting.
• Maintain the front office to include greeting and signing in all visitors. Monitor visitors in the building.
• Responsible for keeping the reception area visually appealing and neat
• Assist with filing & faxing as delegated
• Maintain office equipment, call in repair and maintenance requests to vendor
• Oversight of copier & fax usage
• Track supply inventory, coordinate purchase of general office supplies with Admin Office Coordinator.
• Assist with preparing correspondence, arranging conference calls and scheduling meetings as needed
• Assist with copying documents and preparing presentations for meetings
• Develop and update Office Procedures Manual
• Related work as assigned.
Measures of Success:
• Ability to work independently and as a team member
• Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions from managers and staff
• Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of issues
• Demonstrate good judgment and professionalism
• Prefer a minimum two years’ experience in an office setting
• Require experience with Microsoft office suite with emphasis on Excel
• Experience with adult developmentally disabled population helpful
• A valid driver’s license & current vehicle insurance, and an acceptable driving record per SKSF standards
Employer Contact Information
Our mission is to promote, strengthen & support individuals with disabilities and their families. We have childcare/respite care programs for children ages 2.5-21 years old at the Zach's Place at the Laurie Hillyard Family Center, socialization nights, and overnight care. We offer adult day programs that are community and center based. We also offer foster care for adults and children.