LPN / RN - Residential Services
Special Kids Special Families
3450 N Nevada Avenue
Colorado Springs, CO 80905
LPN / RN: RESIDENTIAL SERVICES
The Residential Services LPN / RN works closely with the Director of Adult Services and the Residential Services Coordinator and staff to ensure compliance with regulatory agencies rules and regulations as they apply to client health, medication, nutrition. This is a full time position.
• Medical Records: Oversee and obtain medical records from medical professionals and other provider agencies, HHP’s / Guardians.
• Medical Protocols: Write medical protocols and individual plans of care annually or more often as needed for the Residential Services clients and review with the Residential Coordinator, Supervisors and the Host Home Providers.
• Medical Documentation: Ensure appropriate medical documentation is maintained in client records, including nursing notes on any on-site assessments in the Homes to include incident reports.
• Medication Administration Record: Ensure proper documentation of current MAR.
• Client Hospitalization: Confirm and process medical assessment and all release forms for client after hospitalization or serious illness.
• Medical Information and Orders: Monitor and update on an on-going basis. The Residential Services client’s medical information / medical orders and ensure all medication orders are current.
• Medical Data Sheets: Complete and keep current medical data sheets for Residential Services clients. Conduct quarterly or more often if needed home visits to ensure all proper medical needs are being met per DIDD state regulations.
• Client Intake: consult with Adult Services Director and the Residential Services Coordinator during the intake process about the medical needs, medical records and protocols of potential clients.
• Meetings: Attend Host Home Staff / Providers meeting and trainings.
• Day Program Med Assistance: Assist with necessary client medical procedures when Day Program LPN is unavailable.
• Human Rights Committee: Oversee HRC process and procedures for the Adult Services Residential Services Program.
• Auditing: Assist with auditing client books as directed by the Adult Services Director.
• Training: Q-Map – Responsible for Medication Administration training (QMAP) as required for Adult Services Residential Services Host Home Providers. To include oversight and review of medication administration documentation. Universal Precautions - Train Host Home Providers in Universal Precautions. G-Tube – Train and provide over-site to Host Home Providers in G-tube competency. Work with the Residential Services Coordinator to train Host Home Providers to safely administer nutrition, medication and hydration and maintain DIDD regulations compliance with each individual’s plan of care. Medical Protocols – Teach and train Residential Services staff and Host Home providers about medical protocols and the individual plans of medical care of clients.
• Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
• Must be able to lift and transfer up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to sit, stand, bend and stoop for periods of time.
• Ability to work in a stressful environment.
• Ability to respond to emergency / crisis situations.
• Exposure to noise.
• Exposure to blood and / or body fluids.
• Ability to work independently and as a team member.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, employees, guardians, family members, professionals and the general public.
• Ability to solve problems and deal with variety of issues.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret practice standards, technical procedures and government standards and regulations.
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
• Ability to plan, assign and direct the work of others.
• Computer skills, including Outlook email, Microsoft suite and calendaring.
• Ability to effectively organize.
• Ability to prepare clear concise reports.
• Knowledge of needs of client populations.
Education and Training Experience:
• Licensed Practical Nurse / Registered Nurse with current state licensure with no restrictions.
• Work experience as a professional L.P.N. / R.N. preferably in a like work environment.
• Prefer experience working with the DIDD population
• CPR Certification, First Aid, Universal Precautions and CPI Certification.
GOOGLE: Special Kids Special Families
Employer Contact Information
Our mission is to promote, strengthen & support individuals with disabilities and their families. We have childcare/respite care programs for children ages 2.5-21 years old at the Zach's Place at the Laurie Hillyard Family Center, socialization nights, and overnight care. We offer adult day programs that are community and center based. We also offer foster care for adults and children.